yah, finally, yes thats right, finally! the title says it all, I am officially an Australian Permanent Resident from today onwards. I myself could not believe it because I did not expect to get my PR so fast. The funny thing is I also have not finished sending in all my documents that my PR case officer requested for because he asked me to send in my letter of course completion, my academic transcripts and my skills assessment form. I decided to split the attachments into 2 e-mails because I was worried that one e-mail cannot accommodate 8 documents to an e-mail, the memory space maybe too big so I thought to myself, why dont just split it into 2 e-mails, safer that way. Yes, thats what I did, I sent the first e-mail on Monday which contained my academic transcripts and my skills assessment form and was suppose to send the 2nd e-mail which contains my letter of course completion on Tuesday but something happened to my computer, it was giving me problems for the past few days so I was like just reformat the whole thing because it was just so slow.
and ya when i decided to send the e-mail yesterday morning, i got an e-mail from the Adelaide Skill Processing Centre (ASPC) stating that my General Skilled Migration visa has been granted. I was like ya right you got to be kidding me, i actually thought it was a joke so I went through line by line to make sure that it was really true and indeed it was true, no kidding man. I finally got my PR, I finally got it. what a relief! i can finally stay in Australia for the next 5 years without worrying about whether i can stay here lawfully or not.
I would like to thank those people who have helped me to get my PR, all the help and advice that they have given me. They are Janice and Pauline (she is actually my mum's friend and she acts as a migration agent based in Sydney). yes they are the main 2 people who helped me out so thank you so much, both of you are the best. I spoke to Janice on the phone to tell her the good news and told her that i would treat her to dinner or cook a meal for her one day, she really deserves it for helping me, I can't thank you enough and also to Pauline, I guess I would be sending her a thank you card soon.
Applying for Australian PR is getting much harder and harder these days because so many people are applying for it until DIMA have even decided to change the rules starting from 1st September this year, how scary is that. They are making it much more difficult for international students to apply for PR. Oh well, i wish all those people who are going to be applying for PR all the best of luck. I thank God that i finally got mine already.
There was also this girl that I met at the Immigration office when i went to get the visa label for my PR yesterday afternoon and the first thing she asked me was: "Excuse me, are you Singaporean?". I was like no I am not and she said oh you look like one. I told her I was Malaysian and she went oh Malaysian and Singaporean no difference one, both the same one. Okay maybe she has a point because it is very difficult to differentiate between a Malaysian and Singaporean. She started asking me questions about applying for PR and i told her my situation and how I applied. Suddenly, she began to become all stress about it and was like "oh, I didnt know it was that hard". I told her :"No its not hard, you just have to make sure you get the correct documents and must be complete, dont miss out a single one and she was like okay okay, no problem. it should be fine then. I hope I was a help to her, does not really seem that way though.
I went to celebrate by going out for dinner with Vincent, my brother, James and Eugene. We went to this Thai Restaurant at Vic Park, it is situated next to Charcoal Chicken, forgot the name already. The food was excellent but a bit on the pricey side. It was also super spicy man, I ate until I sweat like anything but it was good to have spicy food especially on a cold and wet day.
Made teh tarik for Diana and her housemates and also for Charlyn and her housemates, oh gosh, I just like to bless people and share the joy with them. I am so into this teh tarik thingy, it started from the time I worked at Puteri Nasi Kandar. its so nice to drink man especially during a cold and windy day, i just love it. I also love blessing all those sisters of mine, just like to see people being happy and enjoying themselves. oh how wonderful life is, how wonderful and I really have to thank God because he is the one that makes all things happen. What a memorable day for me, what a memorable day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello.. My name is Sunny...I am prepare apply for Australia permanent resident.. I have some problem...Would you please be kind help me out...if you would, please please write a email to me...
Much appreciate....
My email: sunny2008qld@hotmail.com
Post a Comment