
Stirling Partners Chartered Accountants, thats the name of my new company that I am going to be working for from tomorrow onwards. How did I get the job and the position in the company? Well, till today I also cannot believe that i got the job because I have been trying to apply to this kind of firms ever since I graduated in February but all of them have been unsuccessful. I guess a lot of people have been telling me:"hey thomas, how can you dont get an accounting job in perth?" " There are so many accounting jobs out there and accounting is also in demand in Australia so how can it be?" I told these people "Look, i have been really trying to apply for accounting jobs especially in accounting firms and i guess my lack of work experience really does make a huge difference".
Indeed, that is very true because I must remember that I am not the only one applying for accounting jobs you know, so many people are studying accounting these days that it is becoming so much harder to get a job in Australia because so many people want to apply for their Permanent Residency. I seriously dont blame them because to me I love Australia and I reckon Australia is a lovely place to stay and work. Pay is good, standard of living is good, what else can you ask for man?. I must thank Ern because he was the one who got the ball rolling to get me this job. He called me on Monday morning and told me there was a graduate position opening in his firm and asked me to send in my resume and just give it a try.
I sent my resume in and his boss had a look at it and was impressed with my resume so I was called in for an interview the next day. The interview went well and the job was basically mine for the taking but Ern's boss or should I say my boss now wanted to be absolutely sure that I wanted the job so he told me to think about it overnight and that was what I did. I told my boss at Nutrition Systems the next day about my new job and surprisingly he took it very well. I was surprised because I taught he would be mad at me or something, I have only been working in Nutrition Systems for one month and then I am just going to leave just like that? So i thought he would be angry but surprisingly he was not seriously.
He said to me " Thomas, these things happen, people always leave the firm if they have a better job offer elsewhere". I didnt know what to say, I just thanked him for being so understanding. where can you find a boss like him man? it is so rare nowadays to find bosses who are so nice and understanding towards their employees. I also like to thank Henry and Andy, my two colleagues and senior to me because they have been working in the accounts department for quite sometime and have been training me up to take over the accounts payable role, especially Henry because that was what he was doing before I joined the company. All the staff at Nutrition Systems are friendly and nice, I felt so at home even though I was there for only one month but it was just so awesome man I tell you. I wont forget the wonderful experience I had at Nutrition Systems.
Well, you could say that I am so looking forward to my new job starting tomorrow because this is the kind of job that I always wanted to do, tax and business services. those two accounting areas are something that is so new to me but hey I am always willing to give it a shot man, its always worth doing something new. Besides Ern, Ivy and Ming from my church are working there so I am sure I would fit in well, they are all nice and awesome people so should not be a problem for me.
I would try to update my blog regularly because it would be wasteful if i dont. I love my blog because i get to express my thoughts and feelings. I love it man, I just love my blog. I went for the Snow Patrol Concert At The Burswood Dome On Saturday, the 22nd Of September and it was really awesome, I dont really know many of their songs but I do know their most famous song Chasing Cars.
My sister bought me a ticket for their concert as a birthday present, awwww how sweet of her, thats why I love her so much. She is a huge fan of Snow Patrol apparently and just love their songs. Anyways, I took a few video clips from my Sony Ericsson phone, the video quality not too good though but do enjoy the clips and watch out for one of the clips where there is a huge word which says "Now", it was their opening act before they came out to play.

No comments:
Post a Comment